So, here are 7 ways Men can Honor the Menstruating Woman…
- Chores: In some cases, women are the ones (wo)managing the majority of household duties. Grocery shopping, preparing meals, laundry, cleaning, caring and often times refereeing the children. All while menstruating. During this time Men can help lighten the load by taking on these duties during Her moontime. It’s also a good idea to get the children to assist you. It can be a ritual for you and the children during Mommy’s special time.
- Prepare Sacred Space: During a Woman’s moon time she is highly receptive and intuitive and should be in a mode of self care/self love. Men can assist by providing a clean and quiet home. Preparing bathwater complete with candles, water, herbal tea, fresh fruit, fresh towels, a gown or any of her favorite things shows that you honor this sacred time. Find activities away from the home to do with the children.
- Touch: Some women experience pain or other discomforts during that “time of the month”. Some simply appreciate strong, nurturing touch. After her bath or shower, have therapeutic massage oils and healing intentions ready when she emerges. Massage to the womb, lower back, hips, feet and scalp work wonders for the menstruating woman. If she’s not up for it, don’t sweat it. Sometimes we are highly sensitive and chose not to be touched. (Especially if we know you really don’t want to do it. Yes, we can tell).That’s ok, you’ll have plenty opportunities to try, try again. Communication is Key!
- Food Preparation: Prepare healthy meals and snacks that nourish the mind, body and spirit. Raw, fresh, high vibrational foods, smoothies and herbal teas are ideal. Healing thoughts and vibrations should always be in mind and spirit when handling foods and beverages, even water. Do your research. Especially if she has any health or womb issues. Happy and Healthy foods contribute to a happy, healthy period, period!
- Rituals: A woman is in her natural Shamanic state during her sacred blood. And for those of us who take part in rituals, due to our Powers being amplified, Men partaking in rituals with her is an excellent way for you to harness the Power of the Divine Feminine as well. Sacred Sex, anointing, offerings, create art, indulge in sacred elixirs, meditation, reiki, and consuming psilocybin mushrooms are suggestions. Rituals are sacred and exclusive to the two of you. Be open & receptive. Note: Consuming bodily fluids for those that choose to, should always be done with discernment and the highest good of the collective.
- Offerings: Gifts are a wonderful way to show your love, appreciation and support for the Blood Woman (or Girl) in your life. A trip to the Spa, flowers, lingerie, jewelry, handmade cards or handwritten notes/letters are sure to make her feel like the amazingly, PowerFull Wombman that she truly is. Sometimes we need to be reminded. Especially to acknowledge as well as empower a young woman in her first blood.
- Listen & Observe: Pay attention to the subtle changes that a woman experiences prior to, during and following her blood. The type of foods she eats, her temperament, her words, her psychic premonitions, her concerns. Even the phase of the moon. All will give you deeper insight and awareness into her mind, her womb and the state of your relationship and family unit as a whole. Please do this with love and without judgement or fear. Learn the Art of Selflessness. The last thing we wanna hear is “Uh Oh” or “you must be about to come on your period”. Be sensitive and put your male ego in check. It’ll make for an easier, more effective ebb and “flow”.
I’m glad that more Men are embracing our sacred life giving substance, and looking for positive ways to fully embrace the Divine Feminine in order to be their best, authentic Divine Masculine selves.